I’ve been thinking a lot recently about the values that drive people. I’ve managed to whittle down my own values into five items that make up my personal mission statement.
- Blameless postmortems – Review what went wrong and learn from mistakes
- Work with facts, not emotion
- Be a creator, not just a consumer
- Focus on what I’ve done, not what I will do
- Sleep enough. Exercise daily. Everything else can wait
How do you try and live your life?
Michael is a polyglot software engineer, committed to reducing complexity in systems and making them more predictable. Working with a variety of languages and tools, he shares his technical expertise to audiences all around the world at user groups and conferences. You can follow @mheap on Twitter